Many people in Vermont are struggling to meet their fundamental needs and fulfill their human rights, such as housing, healthcare, education, livable wages, and paid sick days. Over the past year, we have seen these needs and rights come under attack. Decisions are being made that will affect our lives for years to come, and we aren’t given a seat at the table.
This May 1st, come out to Montpelier to take part in a Health & Dignity March and day of action. On this day, we will continue to build a movement of people organizing for human rights and real democracy for all people in Vermont. May 1st is a celebration of our families, our communities, and our strength as a people’s movement.
This event is family-friendly, and will include music, art, kid friendly activities, and fun!
Assemble on the State House lawn at 12pm to begin the march.
Please RSVP at www.workerscenter.org/may1
The list of organizations co-sponsoring May 1st is growing!
- 350 Vermont
- Act for Social Justice
- AFT Vermont
- AFSCME Council 93
- AFSCME Local 1674, Howard Center Workers
- Burlington International Socialist Organization
- Federation of Nurses & Health Professionals Local 5221
- Green Mountain Self-Advocates (GMSA)
- Migrant Justice
- Occupy Central VT
- Peace & Justice Center
- Planned Parenthood Northern New England VT
- Rising Tide Vermont
- Students Stand Up! (UVM)
- United Academics/AFT
- United Electrical Workers Local 255, (Hunger Mountain)
- United Electrical Workers Local 203 (City Market)
- United Electrical Workers Local 234 (Fairbanks Scales)
- Vermont Early Educators United/AFT
- Vermont AFL-CIO
- Vermont Buddhist Peace Fellowship
- Vermont Center of Independent Living
- Vermont Homecare United/AFSCME Local 4802
- Vermont Interfaith Action
- Vermont Network Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
- Vermont Sierra Club
- Vermont State Employees Association (VSEA)
- Vermont Student Union
- Voices for Vermont’s Children
- Vermont Workers’ Center