July 13-14th 2019 in Barre (Church of the Good Shepherd, 39 Washington St, Barre, VT 05641)
-Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm
-Sunday, 12 pm - 6 pm
Solidarity School is the Vermont Workers’ Center's two-day popular education program, with the purpose of providing a common framework, analysis, and skill set for building our movement. The program is designed for members of the Workers' Center, union members, and members of partner organizations, but has application in a wide range of grassroots and community organizing. Over the last ten years, over three hundred union and community leaders have graduated from this program.
There is a sliding scale fee of $5-$100. Scholarships are available, and support is available for child care, transportation or other accessibility needs. No one will be turned away because of cost.
- Examine the root causes of the problems our communities face
- Develop a strategic analysis around organizing, building power, and a broader movement
- Learn about using a human rights framework
- Discuss broader issues which present challenges and obstacles to solidarity
- Practice concrete organizing skills and campaign development
- Share experiences, resources and build relationships with a wide spectrum of people, fostering an atmosphere of solidarity.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is two weeks prior to Solidarity School (July 1st, 2019)
We will notify applicants about admission as soon as possible after receiving applications.