9am - 5pm both days
The Vermont Workers’ Center – Jobs With Justice (VWC) offers a two-day popular education program, Solidarity School as frequently as possible, with the purpose of providing a baseline common framework, analysis, and skill set for building our movement. The program is designed for members of the Workers' Center, union members, and members of partner organizations, but has application in a wide range of grassroots and community organizing. Over the last eight years, over three hundred union and community leaders have graduated from this program.
There is a sliding scale fee of $30-$100. Scholarships are available, and support is available for child care, transportation or other accessibility needs. No one will be turned away because of cost.
- Examine the root causes of the problems our communities face
- Develop a strategic analysis around organizing, building power, and a broader movement
- Learn about using a human rights framework
- Discuss broader issues which present challenges and obstacles to solidarity
- Practice concrete organizing skills and campaign development
- Share experiences, resources and build relationships with a wide spectrum of people, fostering an atmosphere of solidarity.