Join us for an online art build as we get ready for the March for Medicaid Week of Action! We will share slogans, images, and songs to amplify our message as we get into step together as the Nonviolent Medicaid Army. It'll be a great way to connect with folks joining Medicaid Marches across the country!
We will be working on some art together on the call, so come ready with supplies! Here are some suggested materials:
Sign material: paper, cardboard, back of posters or other sheet material, plywood, fabric.
To make your image and words:
- Pencils, pens, markers (even with smaller markers, pens or pencils with a little time and filling in, you can make a strong sign.)
- Pastels, chalk, crayons, charcoal.
- Paint: house paint (avoid solvent based because it’s not good to breathe indoors and needs paint thinner for clean up), acrylic paint, water colors, tempera, etc.
- Collage: colored paper, magazines or newspapers, any paper with color on it. And glue and scissors to cut it out and glue it down.
- Fabric: painting, embroidery, quilting, or applique (cutting out fabric images or words and sewing, gluing or ironing onto fabric signs).