Run or walk a 5k, 10k or 1/2 marathon this September and raise money to support the ongoing organizing work of the VWC. The weekend of September 10th VWC leaders will be participating in Exercise Your Rights across the state.
We're asking YOU to join the team and race with us! Grassroots organizing is hard work and exercising is one way we stay healthy and have some quality rest and reflection time. We have set a goal to raise $15,000 for our grassroots organizing — in particular, our Work with Dignity and Healthcare Is a Human Right campaigns.How can I join the Team?
1) Register for a Race. There are multiple options across the state happening the weekend of September 10th, check out the list below:
- Charlotte Covered Bridge 1/2 marathon, 10k, 5k
- Sharon Sprouty 10k, 5k
- Randolph Vermont Tech 5k
- Brownington Foliage 1/2 marathon 5k
- Manchester Maple Leaf 1/2 marathon & 5k
- Bratttleboro- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info
2) Set up a personal fundraising page. Once you're registered for the event, it’s time to start fundraising! Set up your own personal fundraising page here. Join the Team by clicking the blue button to "Fundraise" and customize your personal page. You can set your own fundraising goal, upload pictures, and tell your story about why you joined Team VWC to Exercise Your Rights.
3) Get the word out to your friends, family, and colleagues! Download our fundraising tips and a sample fundraising email and letter for helpful fundraising strategies. We are here to help you be successful, so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need fundraising tips, admin support, or encouragement.Why should you sign-up for Exercise your Rights?
Three reasons. 1) You believe in the Vermont Workers’ Center’s mission and want to support it financially. 2) You want to challenge yourself physically and adding a fundraising goal to that challenge will make you more successful. Having financial supporters is like having a whole cheerleading squad on the sidelines. 3) It’s good for you. Exercising your body and exercising your rights just feels great.
For more information, contact: Megan Sheehan, email@example.com