Join the Vermont Workers' Center and the Nonviolent Medicaid Army for a national Medicaid March week of action!
- Sept. 23: Medicaid March Online Art-Build (7pm, Website Event Here) Share on Facebook.
- Oct. 2nd: Medicaid Picket in Barre (4pm, City Hall Park, Washington & Main St.) Share on Facebook.
- Oct. 2nd: Medicaid Honk & Wave in St. Johnsbury (5:30pm, UCC Church, 1325 Main St.) Share on Facebook.
- Oct. 2nd: Medicaid Picket & Picnic in Burlington (4pm, UVM Health Network Executive HQ, 462 Shelburne Rd.) Share on Facebook.
- Oct. 3rd: March for Medicaid in Bellows Falls (12pm, Rockingham Health Center, 1 Hospital Ct.) Share on Facebook.
Join us on October 2nd and 3rd to demand Governor Scott expand Medicaid to everyone and cut the state's contract with OneCare, a for-profit company siphoning off millions in Medicaid funding that should be spent on people's healthcare.
These actions are part of a Medicaid March week of action with the National Nonviolent Medicaid Army across Kansas, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Vermont and elsewhere that will:
- Make visible a collective expression of anger and outrage at the state violence on a mass scale represented by the over 190k deaths and counting from COVID19, which are disproportionately impacting poor and dispossessed people, unhoused people, low-wage and essential workers, Black, Latinx and Indigenous people.
- Reject being treated as disposable by the ruling class while they maintain their profit as we are forced back to work and have austerity budgets, privatization and permanent elimination of jobs imposed upon us.
- Call attention to the crisis that preceded COVID with 700 people dying every day in this country due to poverty.
- Take action together united across lines of division as the leading social force that has a program to address the prolonged crisis that we are in, drawing on and from the Jubilee policy platform of the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival and using healthcare as a rallying point for our class.